History of the Inglewood Hotel
Doors opened on 16th of May 1936 after much fervour.
The heritage listed Spanish Mission style hotel was built after the residents petitioned for a licensed venue in the area. At the time a caveat existed for no hotels in the Mt Lawley area because, as legend has it, Lady Lawley allowed the suburb to be named after her on the condition that there be no pub in the area. So, the hotel was named Inglewood Hotel even though it is in Mount Lawley close to the Inglewood boarder Central Avenue.
The hotel has had 3 owners during its 80+ years and was purchased by current owner Murray Cutbush in 1992. Murray is a passionate hotelier with over 57 years in the industry. He is very hands on, innovative and constantly looking at ways to improve the hotel. He is a big supporter of the local businesses, schools, and sporting groups. He is the backbone of the hotel and the creator of ‘your friendly local’